General Personal Information Privacy
Nesika Insurance Services Inc. values your business and we thank you for your confidence in choosing our firm as your source of advice and products. As our client, you entrust us with your personal information. We respect that trust and want you to be aware of our commitment to protecting the information you share with us in the course of doing business with us.
What We Will Not Do With Your Information
We do not sell client information to anyone. Nor do we share your information with organizations outside of our relationship with you that would use it to contact you about their own products or services unless you give us your express consent to do so.
We Strive to Protect Your Personal Information
All employees who are granted access to your records understand the need to keep this information protected and confidential. They know they are to use the information only for the purposes intended and this expectation is clearly communicated. We’ve also established physical and systems safeguards, along with proper processes, to protect your information from unauthorized access or use.
How We Protect and Use the Personal Information that We Collect
Nesika Insurance Services Inc.’s collection, use, disclosure and retention of information complies with the provisions of The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). Collected information is used only by authorized staff to fulfill the purpose for which it was originally collected, or other purposes which will be described in the transaction you are completing.
When you send us electronic mail, your message is stored as business correspondence accessible only to authorized staff.
Personal Information We Collect
Nesika Insurance Services Inc and its agents and representatives collect personal information in a number of circumstances in the course of conducting our business. Personal information we may collect includes:
- name, address, email address, telephone number, and other contact information;
- age, birth date, ID numbers, gender, credit card numbers or license plate numbers;
- information about your preferences, income, assets or personal finances;
- medical records, credit records, loan records, driving record, employment records, insurance or transaction history;
- information about your insurance claims or claims history; and
- such other information we may collect with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
We generally collect personal information directly from you, for example, from application forms that you fill out for our insurance products and services, or when you communicate with us by telephone, email or in person. We may also collect personal information about you from other sources, such as other insurance brokers, insurance companies, consumer reporting agencies, industry associations and data banks, investment product suppliers, marketing agencies, government agencies, claims adjusters, employers and inspectors.
Your knowledge and consent of Nesika Insurance Services collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information is critical. We rely on the following actions by you as indications of your consent to our existing and future Personal Information practices:
Your voluntary provision of Personal Information directly to Nesika Insurance Services Inc. through one of our representatives for the purpose of acquiring an insurance contract or related service or product (including information previously provided to Nesika Insurance Services Inc.);
- Your express consent or acknowledgment contained within a written, verbal or electronic application process;
- Your consent solicited by Nesika Insurance Services Inc. for a specified purpose;
- Your consent given through your authorized representative such as a legal guardian, agent or holder of a power of attorney; or
- If you make changes to your policy or when your policy automatically renews, it is inferred that any consent you have previously provided to us relative to your policy remains in effect unless the consent is otherwise withdrawn.
Nesika Insurance Services Inc. collects, uses and discloses your personal information with your consent, except as permitted or required by law. We may be required or permitted under statute or regulation to collect, use or disclose personal information without your consent, for example to comply with a court order, to comply with local or federal regulations or a legally permitted inquiry by a government agency, or to collect a debt owed to us.
If you obtain insurance for a family member or other third party or otherwise provide personal information concerning a third party, including a family member, you represent that you have obtained any necessary consent to our collection, use and disclosure of his/her personal information for the purposes described above.
Use of Personal Information
Nesika Insurance Services Inc. generally uses personal information to manage and administer our business, including to understand your insurance needs, communicate with you effectively and to provide you with the products and services you request. For example, Nesika Insurance Services Inc may use your personal information to:
- determine your eligibility for, offer and/or provide you with insurance products and services that you request;
- evaluate credit worthiness and monitor, collect premiums and fees;
- verify your identity;
- determine prices, fees and premiums including by evaluating your coverage needs and assessing risk;
- maintain, administer, collect, service and renew your account(s) and assess your ongoing needs for insurance products and services;
- investigate and settle claims;
- determine your eligibility for and offer and provide other products or services that may be of interest to you, such as investment or retirement products or group benefits, unless you ask us not to;
- detect and protect against error or fraud;
- compile statistics and conduct market research;
- maintain business records for reasonable periods;
- meet legal, regulatory, self-regulatory, insurance, security and processing requirements; and
- otherwise with consent or as permitted or required by law.
Limited Sharing of Your Personal Information To:
- Operators of insurance industry databases for the purpose of verifying the application information you submit;
- Your insurance broker for the purpose of your broker providing services to you,
- Independent insurance adjusters and brokers for the purpose of obtaining assistance in processing and administering your claims;
- Governmental authorities, claims investigation service providers, other vendors, other insurance carriers, re-insurers, and regulatory organizations for the purpose of assisting in the investigation and processing of claims;
- Other persons for whom you have provided your consent, for the purposes, and;
- As otherwise permitted or required by law.
Website Personal Information Privacy
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us through responses to surveys, search functions, questionnaires, feedback, Tell Your Story forms and the like. We may also ask you to provide additional information such as your e-mail address if you want to obtain additional services, information, participate in a contest or to resolve complaints or concerns.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Privacy Statement Changes
This Privacy Statement may be revised from time to time. If we intend to use or disclose personal information for purposes materially different than those described in this statement, we will make reasonable efforts to notify affected individuals, if necessary, including by revising this Privacy Statement. We urge you to review this Privacy Statement frequently to obtain the current version. Your continued provision of Personal Information or use of our products or services following any changes to this Privacy Statement constitutes your acceptance of any such changes. This Privacy Statement is effective as of April 21, 2021.